Nightingales is looking for people to join us in virtually travelling the distance from the UK to Romania, 1,795 miles between now and September 1st.
You will need to do various things first:
1. Decide on your mode of transport, the more outlandish the better
2. Decide how far you are willing to travel, this can be after you have built up to it in training.
3. Complete the entry form by clicking this link: Entry Form
4. Make a suggested initial donation of £20,it is not obligatory, to start your fundraising. Donate
5. How you are going to promote your event, social media, emails, letters etc? Please contact Nightingales for advice, we have over 25 years experience of fundraising.
6. How you will fundraise, online or offline?
7. Check the guidelines from your local government on participating in recreational activities, every country has different guidelines.
Nightingales is aiming to raise £5000.
The money needed to replace the heating system at the house where our disabled adults live, and cover the costs for winter 2020-23 both at their house and then with any extra money raised to cover the heating at our day centre.
The new system, an environmentally friendly pellet burner, will then be more economical for the house, and provide better heat. At the moment only 3 out of the 7 seven radiators are warm during the winter, which can get as cold as minus 20 degrees! (That is very cold, believe us!)
I am taking part
If you have decided that you would like to take part, and have filled in the form, or even if you have not, here is a checklist of things to do now:
1) We have a suggested entry fee of £20 you can donate here.
2) Chose a platform for people to be able to sponsor you on, for the UK we suggest Virgin Money Giving.
3) Start training, preparing and spreading the word via social media using the #UK2Romania4NCP
Money Raised and Distance Travelled
- Distanced Travelled (Miles)
- Money Raised